I love the month of June for so many reasons! It’s my birthday month, summertime, ice cream, beach days, pool days, bathing suits, spending time with family, and the list goes on. And with all this in mind, I decided to do a weekly meal plan for us instead of my monthly meal plans. With schedules a little looser and my family coming to visit I think this will work better for us.
So here we go…I can’t believe I’m going to only be planning one week of meals! I haven’t done that in a long time!
I’m planning on posting the upcoming week’s meals on Thursdays, that way we can get our grocery shopping done and have everything ready to go for the week before the weekend hits.
June Menu Week 1 June 2-June 7
- Sunday-California Meatballs with Lemon Scented Pasta
- Monday-Skillet Chicken Ole
- Thursday- Salmon w/ Potatoes and Broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Spray with olive oil.
- Place Salmon fillets on sheet.
- Sprinkle desired amount of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme on fillets.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until Salmon is cooked.
- Cook Fries and Broccoli as stated on the package.
- Friday- Pizza
And if you’re wondering why I didn’t plan Saturday nights–I never plan dinner for Saturday nights. Usually, John and I like to have a date night in with a delicious steak, yummy side dishes, and great drinks. So if you’re looking for a meal Saturday, I encourage you to plan a fun date night in with your spouse. It doesn’t have to be elaborate, put the kids down then have yourselves a great night in.
Let me know in the comments, do you like to plan your meals out for one week at a time or a month at a time or just not at all. I’m curious how other people do their meal planning. I love learning quick strategies from others so please share! 🙂
Happy Grocery Shopping! 🙂 And enjoy a yummy cookie while you shop! 😉