I love celebrating
Even little ones like President’s Day!
I have so much fun making everyday moments into little memories or fun traditions for my family.
If you are lucky enough to be off for President’s Day, I hope you enjoy the day with your family. If you are not, you don’t have to let the day go by without some fun!
Here are 3 easy ways to make President’s Day more than just a normal day!
Pick a President
This one is easy and fun!
Grab a mason jar or bowl, paper, tape, and scissors.
- Download the printout below, cut the numbers out from page 2, and place them in a jar or bowl.
- Each person pulls a number out.
- The number each individual chooses is their president. E.g., #1 = George Washington.
- Each person must find three facts about their president and report their findings. Even little ones can play with the help of mom & dad!
Make a yummy red, white, and blue dessert!
Strawberry shortcake is one of my favorite desserts! It is light, yummy, and so easy to make!
- Buy angel food cake (or make it yourself for extra credit).
- Place sliced strawberries and blueberries on top.
- Enjoy with a dollop of whip cream and sprinkles for extra fun!
If you are not a fan of strawberry shortcake, you can make a parfait with yogurt, strawberries, raspberries
Read a President’s Speech or the story, Presidents’ Day
This one is super easy!
Google a speech given by a president, and read it aloud to your family. You may want to find one that is short enough to be read in one sitting, like the Gettysburg Address
If you have little ones you can go to your local library or head to YouTube and check out the short story, Presidents’ Day, by Anne Rockwell.
If you liked these ideas and would like the print out, you can download instantly here!
I hope this helps to make your day a little more fun and memorable as we honor the presidents who have served us!
Happy President’s Day!