You guys I love Shepherd’s Pie! It’s delicious in every way! Over the years I’ve been making this little dish on St. Patrick’s Day and this year, I think I’ve made it better than the years past.
It’s super easy and so yummy! We love to pair it with a Guinness beer!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tsp. dried parslet
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots
- 2- 29 oz cans of Yams (sweet potatoes), drained
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 400°. Chop the onion and garlic. Sautee in EVOO.
- Add parsley, rosemary, thyme, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of black pepper to the sautee.
- Once mixed set mixture aside.
- Brown the ground beef and drain oils once cooked.
- Add remaining 1/2 tsp. of pepper and salt to beef mixture.
- Combine onion and beef mixture on stove top.
- Add frozen corn kernels and frozen peas and carrots and mix.
- Add cream of mushroom soup stir and let the mixture simmer.
- In a pot, melt butter. Once melted add canned yams.
- Using a potato masher mash the yams and add brown sugar. Stir together.
- Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with oilve oil and pour meat mixture in. Spread it evenly.
- Spread mashed sweet potatoes over the top of the meat and vegetable mixture evenly.
- Pop casserole into oven for about 10-15 mins or until bubbly!
- Serve with a delicious Guinness or yummy bread!
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we do! We seriously love it so much! You could easily replace the sweet potatoes with other potatoes especially if you don’t like sweet potatoes. I’m just a super fan of sweet potatoes so we use those and they’re super yummy!
Don’t forget to sign up for my emails so you don’t miss anything!