Today I wanted to share with you this super easy delicious Red Beans and Rice Dinner. It’s one of my favorite meals to eat and maybe even one of my favorite meals to cook because it is just so easy. And even better you can add it to your fun Mardi Gras menu tomorrow!
This is a family recipe.
I’ve been eating for a while, especially while in college because my aunt fed me often so I must give the credit of this recipe to my Aunt Mary.
She makes some of the best comforting dishes but what’s amazing about each one is they’re super simple to make and even more yummy to eat! And what’s even better is they are fairly simple to clean up, at least that is what my aunt makes it look like. Just trust me you want to be more like Aunt Mary in your kitchen every day! Always clean, always yummy, and super comforting.
The Red Beans and Rice recipe is below. If you make it, comment below, I’d love to hear if you like it!
Extra Add-on Fun
I love to add a dollop of sour cream to the meal once it’s on my dish and have a yummy piece of cornbread.
We use these cornbread rolls. They are so easy and surprisingly delicious, I actually don’t know why I say surprisingly because pretty much everything Pillsbury puts out is delicious.
Also, when I made this recipe the other day I didn’t have any rice but boil in a bag rice so I used that instead and added the rice at the end to the dish.
Red Beans and Rice Dinner
Red Beans and Rice
- 2 tbs vegtable or olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilis
- ¾ cup uncooked rice or one bag on boil in a bag rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 beef flavored bouillon cube
- 1 can red beans
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 lb Poliosh sausage(cooked
- 1 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium high heat, add onion and chilies and saute for 3 mintues.
- Add rice, water, and bouillon cube to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer covered for 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in beans, cheese, sausage, and Tabasco until cheese is melted and beans are heated.
- * If you decide to use boil in the bag rice cook the rice seperatly and add in once it is cooked. Do not add 1 cup of water to the beans, cheese and sausage mix.
I hope you have a great Mardi Gras!