Hey Friends! I’m changing some things up around here! Since I’ve started blogging I’ve been writing a grocery list and meal plan for my readers but I wanted to start sharing with you some of my tried and true recipes that are simple and easy to make! I’m planning to do this about once a week and I will soon get back to my meal plan and grocery lists!
The first recipe I want to share with you is a meal that I’ve been eating forever! For real, I’m sure as soon as I could eat real food as a baby this one was in my mouth and belly!
Chicken Casserole is one of my mom’s go-to recipes. We all loved it as kids and she loved to make and now I know why! It’s soooo easy! Seriously, one of the easiest recipes EVER! And to top it off it’s delicious!
The story is that my dad knew my mom was the one when she made him this casserole! lol! I’m sure that’s not all that it was but I love the story. 🙂
So from my family to yours, I hope you really enjoy this meal and enjoy making it!
99% of the time I add a side of French Green Beans from the can for our veggie!
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-15 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1-16 oz. container sour cream
- 1 sleeve of ritz crackers or butter crackers crushed
- 1 stick butter melted
- Cook the chicken. I like to boil it. Then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Combine cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and chicken.
- Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Mix crushed crackers with a stick of melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of mixture in the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350º for about 30 minutes or until bubbles around edges uncovered.
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family has over the generations!
Emily Stopka says
One of the best meals out!! Love love this recipe!!
Me too Emmy!
Looks yummy … but I would probably have to find a replacement for all of the butter because while I can handle small doses of butter … a WHOLE stick of butter would probably be a bit much! Have you ever used less butter or used something in its place??