The April Meal Plan is ready to go!
Make sure you take a look back at my March Meal Plan to see how I do my grocery shopping.
The March meals were super yummy and my grocery shopping was simple with everything pre-planned.
If you’re intimidated by having your meals planned for the month I totally understand. I was worried when I first started planning a month of meals that I wouldn’t want the meal that was planned when it came time to have it but, I haven’t once thought, I wish we were having something else.
On the flip side, I’ve enjoyed having the meals planned and we’ve looked forward to certain ones.
Now, the month wasn’t perfect. Is any month? We did make some changes to the menu because John had some late night meetings and when Daddy isn’t home we eat breakfast for dinner! 🙂 YUM!
So what did I do with the food that was pre-purchased for those meals?
If the meal didn’t require any fresh items I cooked the meal and froze it. If the meal required fresh items, I didn’t purchase those items that week. I know the non-perishable foods will be used for another meal in the future. So I didn’t really didn’t lose anything at all!
My trick to never having to throw away a meal or leftovers is freezing it in a zip-
This month you’ll see Must-Go on the menu. Must-Go means leftovers. I’ll be posting all about Must-Go and how I try not to waste food around our house this upcoming Tuesday. 🙂
I hope you enjoy the April Meal Plan, I know we will!
Once you download the menu and lists, post your menu on the fridge or somewhere your family can see it. I post our menu on the fridge that way I’m able to quickly look and see what’s planned and my husband can see it too.
- Sloppy Joes
- Crispy sausage and Potatoes
- King Ranch Joes
- Salmon w/ Fries and Broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Spray with olive oil.
- Place Salmon fillets on sheet.
desiredamount of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme on fillets.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until Salmon is cooked.
- Cook Fries and Broccoli as stated on the package.
- Brown meat and add taco seasoning as seasoning packet states.
- Bake taco shells,
- Prepare sides. Slice tomatoes. Shred cheese. Chop lettuce.
- Assemble tacos as desired. 🙂
- Sausage, Peppers, & Onions
- Freaky Greek Pasta
- Chicken & Yellow Rice
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Dice and brown chicken in saute pan.
- Slice pepper and onion into strips. Brown with chicken.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic. Add to saute pan.
- Spray casserole dish with oil.
- Pour rice in casserole dish. Follow instructions on the rice packaging for liquid amounts, but do not boil.
- Pour liquids into the baking dish with rice. You can replace some of the water with chicken broth if desired.
- Stir in chicken, pepper, garlic, and onion.
- Bake covered at 425° for 40-45 minutes. Serve with either peas or black beans and Cuban bread(toast it to make it extra yummy).
- Pot Roast w/ Creamy Potatoes